Effective date: June 16, 2014
I own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted in my name. I want to strike the appropriate balance between getting my content widely distributed while at the same time protecting my intellectual property rights. Thank you for your cooperation.
“Guest posts” written by others are an exception covered below.
Without my permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract less than 200 words and re-post on any other site, if you link back to my original post.
- Print my posts and/or photocopy up to 50 copies for your own personal use or for internal distribution within your company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), if you include this copyright notice: “©2014, Beer Exam School. All rights reserved. Originally published at beerexamschool.com.”
Not without my permission
You must have my written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-posting and translation rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original version, so I risk a lowered ranking on search engine results.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I am not able to validate the work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
Questions or other uses
If you would like to use my content in way that is not covered here, please send me a message using the form on the Contact page.